Memorial Day Parade - 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade
Monday, May 29
The parade will begin at 9:00 A.M. from Cityside Middle School. All band students will need to meet on the grass in front of Cityside by 8:40. (Main Street) Be aware that the streets are often closed by 8:15, so leave plenty of time to arrive on time. We will all meet together for attendance. All students must be in uniform including solid black shoes and socks. (Girls: slipper shoes, flip flops, heels, or backless clogs will not be appropriate and will cause major foot issues!) Students may wear sunglasses.
- All instrument cases should stay in the car or with parents.
- All large instruments, drums, tubas, baritones, flags and the banner will be moved to the Cityside practice room right off of the band room. Students who play these instruments will need to go in the backdoor of Cityside, through the band room and look for the sign that says: CREEKSIDE BAND EQUIPMENT HERE. Our band room will not be open in the morning, so students will need to remember to bring their instrument home on Friday.
- After the parade, large instruments will need to be reloaded into Mrs. B’s vans. Color Guard girls will drop off their flag at the vans and can return their cleaned shirt the next week at school. Students who have “home” instruments that need to be returned for the summer can bring them to the band room after the parade.
- Please designate a meeting area for your family. Since there will be over 600 ZPS students marching in this parade, I would suggest that you meet either in the Cityside Auditorium parking lot or where you dropped them off. I do not need any notes from parents for this parade. When we reach the end I will dismiss them to you.
- If your child will be unable to attend this parade, I need a note from a parent by Friday, May 19th in order for it to be excused. Students that are excused can make up the assignment by writing a paper and playing a quiz.
As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Mrs. Bier email@example.com 748-3319
End of the year stuff:
- All student instruments that are NOT school owned need to be out of the band room as of Tuesday, June 6th. If you are still renting your instrument from Meyer Music or you have the extended maintenance plan, over the summer you should take it in to get put back in “Good Playing Condition” which means they adjust all keys and pads back into new condition. Also, if you have a brass instrument, you can have it chemically cleaned once a year, which I highly recommend you do. If your child’s instrument is dented, they can also take the dents out.
- All school instruments must be checked in the band room by Tuesday, June 6th so that I can take inventory and get things fixed for next year, with the exception of tuba players who can leave their “at home” tubas at home. (8th graders who use school instruments will be issued a new instrument for high school at band camp or in the fall if they are only doing concert band.)
- 8th grade families that would like to donate band shirts, black pants or shoes feel free to send those in at the end of the year. Thanks for your generosity!
- 6th and 7th graders: Don’t lose your band book over the summer!
- Have a great summer, it’s been a fabulous year!
Click hereto edit.